Thursday, October 18, 2012

Two Cans are Better than None!

Hello all existing and potential "Tou-cans" :) - sorry - had to write it at least once!,

I am so excited about starting a new collaboration and the time frame will fit in perfectly with our move to Toowoomba. I plan to set up a new studio and get stuck into the many creative ideas floating around in my head that I can't do anything with as all my art gear is packed away ready for the move.

Two Cans & a Piece of String is a great concept - at first I couldn't quite decide if I could go there or not. After finally finishing the painting, cleaning & decluttering of our house to put on the market I realised that a new creative challenge is just what I need.

I have some ideas in my head - will keep them to myself for now until we get closer to starting - but they include paper, metal - maybe glass, the alphabet in another language and obviously some string. I am going to step away from the conventional postal arrangements we have had with previous collaborations and basically I am ready to go! I could actually get started - if only I had my art gear on hand!

Tracey - the blog is great - you have done a great job as usual. Peta - I look forward to your fabulous leadership - are you taking on that role again?? Existing and future collaboration participants - I look forward to yet another creative journey with you and sharing ideas and creating new friends. I look forward to new blogs and especially photos as time goes on.

Your friend in "Creative Withdrawal Mode" - Olley

2 comments:

  1. Hi Olley! How lovely to hear from you! Sounds as if you are ready to begin a new adventure in collaboration....great to hear that the timing will work for your move. Hope you're not too exhausted from all your sorting and packing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tou-cans! I love it Olley!!

    Great to hear from you - good luck with the move! Look forward to hearing/seeing from you in your new place in the world.

    ReplyDelete